DERMAN & MAXIMA CODE OF CONDUCT
A Implementation of Code Requirements
1) Derman & Maxima has established management systems for delivering compliance to this Code, and maintain records demonstrating compliance.
2)Derman & Maxima communicates the requirements of this Code to all employees, and any out-workers or sub-contractors engaged in its supply chain. We take steps to ensure that sub-contractors comply with requirements of this Code. We also provide means for employees to report or discuss non-compliances confidentially.
3) Derman & Maximal comply with all applicable national laws of Turkish Republic and all relevant International Labour Organisation (ILO) conventions. Where these standards differ, the standard that provides workers with greater protection will prevail.
B Employment of Children
1) Children under the age of 15 shall not be recruited or employed. Children must not be exploited, denied education and their health and safety must be protected.
2) Children and young people under 18 shall not be expected to work throughout the night or under potentially hazardous conditions
C Forced Labour
1) There shall be no forced, bonded or involuntary labour of any description.
2) Derman & Maxima allows its employees the right to leave after giving reasonable notice.
3) Workers shall not be required to lodge deposits or I.D. papers. In all circumstances these must be returned promptly upon cessation of employment.
D Freedom of Association and Employee Representation
1)Derman & Maxima recognises and respects the rights of workers to freely join associations (such as workers councils, trade unions and workers associations) which can collectively represent their interests. Employers shall not interfere with or attempt to dominate or control such bodies, nor discriminate against workers choosing to belong to them.
2) Derman & Maxima respects the rights of such workers’ associations to represent their members, and to bargain collectively as defined and interpreted by the ILO and national legal framework.
1) Physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation is not acceptable.
2) Disciplinary and grievance procedures are clearly documented and communicated to all employees. All disciplinary measures of a serious nature is recorded.
E Equality of Treatment
1) There is no discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on gender, age, disability, national origin, race, marital status, sexual orientation, political opinion, union (or non-union) membership, religion, or caste.
2) Workers are not expected to perform duties incompatible with their physical or mental abilities.
F Health, Safety and Hygiene
1) Every effort is made to provide a safe and hygienic working environment. Adequate steps should be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work. We perform appropriate procedures in place to deal with serious injuries.
2) Derman & Maxima provides essential items of climatically appropriate protective clothing and safety equipment free of charge to their workers.
3) Workers shall be provided with access to potable drinking water, clean toilets, and washing facilities.
1)Derman & Maxima seeks to make continuous improvements in its environmental performance and, as a minimum, comply with the requirements of local and international laws and regulations.
2)Derman & Maxima makes practical efforts to minimise the use of energy, water and raw materials: where possible these resources shall be renewable.
3)Derman & Maxima avoids contamination of the local environment and ensure that air, noise and odour pollution is within nationally defined limits.